Join Wild Harvest School's popular course, now in it's fifth year. Learn how to lead wild food foraging walks to groups in your area.
Why Learn to Teach Foraging...
- You love nature and want to share it with everyone you meet!
- There is a growing market in 'How-To' knowledge, as people are looking to ensure greater food security.
- You enjoy being outside, walking
- You get to spend time with really lovely people, talking about stuff you love AND get paid well for it.
- Maybe you are already involved with outdoor education and want to extend your skills?
- Whatever the reason, you are in the right place...
How We Can Help You...
Attend Our 4 Day Residential
Join us at Wild Harvest School, in the rural outskirts of York. Get free glamping accommodation for your stay, while you follow this intense but enjoyable course and get to know just four other students. We not only learn loads but have fun!
Or, Learn to Teach Foraging, Online
If you struggle to get away for the four day course, we have been running Teach Foraging via an online learning platform for a year now, and the online version has great feedback too.
Course evaluation shows that students arrive with a confidence level of 3, on average and leave with a confidence lever of 8/9 ready to go out into the world and teach!
Why Choose Wild Harvest School?
- Join 'Teach Foraging', either the attended version or the online program (plus, if online; add the assessment option).
- Join the Teach Foraging Graduates Facebook Group
- Attend other foraging teachers walks over the next year, whilst perfecting your own.
- Practice with family and groups of friends.
- Run a few small, paid-for, one hour walks of about ten plants to groups in your area/workplace.
- After a year, you can apply to join Wild Harvest as a paid tutor, where we advertise a walk, by you in your area, ticket it and pay you.
See Some Previous Students Below Now Listed as Wild Food Walk Leaders with Us.
North Lincs Walk
In Broughton Woods, led by Chris Breen
If you want to join us on the Teach Foraging residential, here are some questions you may have...
Can I bring my dog?
Is food included?
What Facilities Are There During the Residential?
What if I have certain needs or requirements?
How About Getting There?
What if I booked and can't attend?
For More About Wild Harvest Schools 'Introduction to Foraging walk'...
Click the button to be taken to the 'Learn To Forage' page where you will see all the great reviews the walk that you will be learning, gains, through its attention to structure and succinct useable take-aways.View our Introduction To Foraging Courses