Three cram-packed days and two nights of connecting with your primitive self! Stay at Wild Harvest Tipis for our new Huntress Gatheress Experience. Weave a small foraging basket, Forage, Shoot Arrows, Make simple leather shoes, do fire-by-friction, have a go at preparing game/ rabbit, then smoke the meat over fire. Learn how to navigate using natures signs and learn the art of net-making.
Are you in...?
Wake Up in an Off-Grid Tipi
Grab your bow and arrows and each morning start the day with a few rounds of instinctive archery using 3D animal targets and hunting tipped arrows for a real-life feel.
Next, wander the waterways and woodlands near your tipis to gather food for your communal meal cooked over fire.
The afternoons are spent trying skills such as leather moccasin making, net making, fire-by-friction, basket weaving, game prep/meat smoking - all communally on joint projects around the fire.
Take a nap in the sun, or go for a wild swim then return for conversational lessons around the fire, about Natural Navigation and living off-grid.
Go home 'centred', with a new feeling of capability knowing you have new skills to see you through most survival situations.
- Two Comprehensive foraging walks, one each morning to collect produce for lunch.
- Learn essential processes for avoiding identification errors.
- Weave a small foraging basket, with handle.
- Two lessons in instinctive archery
- Have a go at net making
- Hear about fish/crayfish trapping
- Smoking meat for preservation
- Game Prep Practice.
- Learn how to orientate yourself by looking at trees, flowers, puddles, animals, the sun and moon.
- Learn to make a net
- Weave a small foraging basket
- Make simple leather moccasins
- Make smoked meat jerky.
Why Choose Wild Harvest School?
- 17 Years Teaching Crafts
- Qualified Teacher with 24 Years Exp.
- Fully Insured
- Accommodation and Education in one venue.
- Highly Reviewed Courses - we have hundreds of reviews to reassure you.
- Consulted by the Media for articles on self-sufficiency
- Authentic. Di has lived the life of self-sufficiency - raising her children alone and off-grid in a remote area living by what was around them.
- Covid secure Good-To-Go Education Venue
- Affordable - we believe this kind of education shouldn't cost the Earth
About Your Tutor
Di Hammill Page runs Wild Harvest School and is passionate about empowering you to do and make more for yourself, Naturally.
A brief list of Di's accreditations is here but more backstory can be found via the link below.
- Black Belt in TK
- Qualified Tutor
- Raised Three Children Alone and Off-Grid in a Remote Moorland area.
- Permaculture Designer and Tutor
- Archery GB Trained Instructor
- Member of the Association of Foragers
- Both BBKA and Natural Beekeeping Trust Trained
- Backpacked with toddlers including the Middle East where she camped with them in the desert.
- Calm and Patient
- Natural Navigation Tutor (Introductory level) listed with Tristan Gooley
- NNAS Qualified Navigation Tutor
- Hill Walking Leader
- Survival Medic Trained
Di will be assisted by other tutors with their own specialities TBC.
If you want to join us, here are some questions you may have...
Can I bring my dog?
Is food included?
Is there a loo?
Is this course suitable for children?
Is there parking?
What if I booked and can't attend?
Ready to become a Huntress Gatheress?
Join us on Monday Sept 20th - Wednesday 22nd Inclusive. Extra night tipi stay available to ease travel home.
For more details, dates and to book click below.Join The Tribe for £299
Only 8 Places Available
Looking for a Private Booking?
If you can't make the dates listed but still would love to become a huntress gatheress, it is possible to book Di for a private day course or huntress gatheress retreat just for you and your group. Ideal for corporate events and team days, you can pick and mix from the list of skills above.
To Enquire please email: [email protected]
Let us know ideal date and time, guest numbers and location and we will get back to you with a price.