Reduce Beauty Miles
Some products claim to be eco because the are 100% Natural. This alone does not make them eco if the ingredients are natural resources from around the world.
Avoid Toxic Ingredients
We put around 168 different chemicals on our bodies everyday, thats 2kg a year. Some of these are chemicals that hang around for years and can build up to cause problems in our bodies and the environment.
Products to suit YOU
Buying shop bought means mass market. When you make your own you can tailor it to your exact perferences. So the blend of scent, texture, effects can be uniquely yours.
Suzy was tired of reacting to expensive shop-bought beauty products and hated the plastic packaging. Her annoyance may have been less if they actually worked. After learning that we put 168 different chemicals on our bodies each day (around 2kg a year) and that some of these stay in our body for years to come she decided to take the making of her own personal care products literally into her own hands. After our course Sue says she is confidently making 80% of her own essential products naturally and locally. They sit in pretty glass jars and bottles on her bathroom shelf. Not only that but she reduced her toiletries spend by 60%. How did she do this...?
Wild Beauty Online
She joined us online, on our Wild Beauty Course and learned:
- What she really needed and could live without (Tip - most products fall into two catagories so in theory you only need two products!)
- How to use oils, vinegars, alcohol, fats, and other ingredients found in most kitchen cupboards as mediums for the botanical and mineral elements.
- How to select and prepare free botanical ingredients found in the wild or garden.
- All about minerals and other earth resources as ingredients.
- How to make a range of items from soap, body butter, toothpaste, lip and cheek tint and more.
- How to extend basic recipes with special ingredients for special conditions.