The Data Controller
What information do we collect about you?
- We collect information about you when you register with us, when you use our services and when you contact us either by post or by e-mail. We collect information that will help us provide you with a better service whenever you interact with us by whatever means you choose to communicate with us, that could be via the website, email, phone or post or any other form of interaction such as social media.
How will we use the information we collect about you?
We will do the following with your personal information:
- store and use it to provide you with any services which you order from us and maintain evidence of your being a subscriber to our services.
- and improve and develop the services we offer by analysing your information including information related to your usage of our website or any other interaction with us
- as a subscriber, either contractually (as a customer) or as somebody who has demonstrated clear interest in our products (subscribed to find out more), we will send you information and updates about them and the group and its services.
- If you no longer wish to receive marketing material, simply click the ‘unsubscribe button’ that is included on every electronic communication such as email or contact us to request that we unsubscribe you.
How long do we store and use your data?
we keep and use your data under contract for as long as you choose to maintain your account once opened, whereas data from subscribers who don’t open an account remains on our system for 3 years after registering or initially subscribing.
Do we store any ‘sensitive’ or payment data?
- We don’t collect or store any ‘sensitive data’
- We work with a PCI compliant Payment Processor to arrange your payments for courses, we don’t therefore collect or hold any payment records.
Will we share your information with anyone else?
- Apart from our group businesses and the partners or processors that we employ under strict privacy contracts to carry out work for us, we don’t share any data with unrelated parties. Be assured that your privacy is important to us and so your data cannot be accessed by any unauthorised person or business.
- If for any reason we needed to share your data other than for our group business in the future, we will first ask your permission to do so. Though this is unlikely to happen.
Can you update your information?
- Most of your data is held in your own account (Wild Harvest School Online) , you can securely access it there and we’d appreciate it if you keep it up to date amend it or add to it as you wish. Your data is held there under contract until you close your account with us at which point, access to your courses will be disabled and your data will be deleted.
Can you ask for a copy of the information we hold?
- We conform to the latest data regulations for May 2018 and in addition we conform to best practice by enabling your rights to access your data via your account where available.
- In addition to conform to the latest data protection legislation i.e. the GDPR 2018 and accordingly your right to access any personal information that we may hold about you. This could be in addition to what you can freely access from the portal and may include for example, information relating to affiliate programme activity if applicable. To access this information or advise us to delete it (right to be forgotten) please contact us as set out below, there may be a charge depending on the circumstances.
- do not wish to receive marketing material; or
- wish to update your personal information or request access to it: or
- have any other queries or requests about our processing of your personal information Please contact us at [email protected]
Lawful basis for ‘processing your data’
We process personal information on the following bases:
- Customers are processed on a contractual basis as they have perpetual licences to access and use their training courses within the ‘portal’.
- Enquirers and subscribers who have not purchased and so not opened an account are processed under the Privacy and electronic communication regulations for ‘soft opt-in’ rules.
- More recent subscribers will have been also offered the opportunity to consent to their data being processed and to receive marketing material.
- Any customer or subscriber can exclude themselves from receiving marketing material by simply unsubscribing using the facility included on every communication.
Personal data for International Customers
We are based in the UK and comply with all local privacy regulations, we cannot legislate for any regulations or laws that may apply differently in other countries. Submitting your personal data is done so strictly on that basis and the data of any foreign nationals that we may hold as a result is the responsibility of the person who submits it. If you would like us to remove any data please contact us and advise us as detailed above
Confirming that you are the subscriber
We provide individuals with privacy information at the time we collect their personal data from them and confirm it immediately with a follow up email to confirm that it is you who has submitted the data and to confirm that our customers are aware of our position on personal information
Marketing to Children
- In line with the new data laws, on registration we ask the customer to confirm that they consent to receive marketing information and that you are 16 or over.
- Our courses are designed for adult education only.
Use of ‘electronic communications’
We try to use the most popular and convenient forms of electronic communication. This could include email or sms or for example, new and emerging forms of communication such as Facebook messenger. Where we ask for consent to receive communications we are doing this in general to cover all forms of electronic communication- if you wish to be excluded from any simply use the unsubscribe link on every communication or contact us as above.
How do we use ‘Profiling’
To avoid wasteful or potentially annoying marketing where products are not appropriate, we use various profiling tools to help us select just the customers whom we believe will be interested in a particular offer or piece of information. Clearly, this can never be 100% accurate but we hope it helps us provide information that is relevant and of interest to you rather than sending everything that is available on our website. To exclude yourself from any profiling and to just receive everything, please contact us and advise us of your wishes or simply unsubscribe directly in the communications.
We regularly review and, where necessary, update our privacy information and should there be any change of use of our privacy information, we’ll communicate the changes to individuals before starting any new processing.
What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies…
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
Third Party Cookies
This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
Third party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you.
From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
As we sell products it’s important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
In some cases, we may provide you with custom content based on what you tell us about yourself either directly or indirectly by linking a social media account. These types of cookies simply allow us to provide you with content that we feel may be of interest to you.
Several partners advertise on our behalf and affiliate tracking cookies simply allow us to see if our customers have come to the site through one of our partner sites so that we can credit them appropriately and where applicable allow our affiliate partners to provide any bonus that they may provide you for making a purchase.
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Stay in the loop about online courses, discount codes, free pdf downloads and new blog posts.